Top 5 Anal Sex Tips
Whether you’re a first-timer to anal sex or a seasoned pro, there are some things you can do to prepare for a safe, comfortable and enjoyable experience. From tips for prep to how to clean up, read on for everything you need to know about making anal sex a pleasurable part of your sex routine from beginning to end.
Tips for pleasurable anal sex
1. Preparation: The most important part of anal sex is preparation!
It’s crucial that you take the proper precautions and have a plan before getting started, so that you and your partner can avoid fecal matter in your bedsheets or any other stains from the lubricant.
The best way to prep is by putting a towel down on your bed before you begin any anal play, which will help stop the staining and collect any lube or body fluids that might spill out during the process. Then, once the session is over, just fold up the towel and throw it in the laundry.
2. Foreplay: Before you get started with penetration, it’s a good idea to take some time to engage in some foreplay to loosen up the receptive partner. Using a lube massage or some other light touch, let your partner’s sphincter muscles relax and get ready for penetrative action.
3. Communication: As you work up to anal penetration, make sure that you and your partner have the right communication. This is so that you can cue each other in to what feels good and what doesn’t, which can really make the difference between a pleasant anal experience and a frustrating one.
Lots of lube
4. Use lots of lube: It may be tempting to skip the lube, but it’s vitally important when it comes to anal play and is a simple way to ensure that you don’t hurt yourself or your partner in the process. Taking the time to put some lube inside and around the anus opening as well as on the implements (finger, penis, toy) you’re planning on using will keep you and your partner both safe and feeling great.
5. Choose the right kind of sex toy: You don’t need to spend a fortune on a toy, but it’s a good idea to start with something small and work up to larger implements as you develop your anal sex skills.
6. Be relaxed: When you’re anal sexing, it’s important to be relaxed, as there are rings of muscle surrounding the anus and penis that need to relax to allow for pain-free penetration.
7. Be patient: If you’re trying out anal penetration for the first time, it may take a few sessions to feel completely comfortable with it, and the receptive partner needs to be willing to wait until they’re in a comfortable place before going for it.
8. Use a condom: While it’s rare, it’s still important to protect yourself and your partner from sexually transmitted infections when anal penetration happens. If a condom isn’t used, it can cause ejaculation in the anus and possibly leak down the rectum.